Research Reserve and Committee
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities receives an annual Research Fund (Forschungsreserve), which is used in particular to provide financial support for research projects (small projects, starting aid) and travel expenses of scientific staff members, as well as to promote scholarships.
The Research Fund Committee or the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities decides on the use of the funds made available.
- Application – Information and necessary documents
- The application for a travel allowance or for funding for material resources and staff appropriations should be submitted to the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities using the appropriate application forms: Travel Allowance Application Form (currently only available in German) & Material Resources and Staff Appropriations Application Form (currently only available in German);
- Two copies of the completed form(s), their corresponding attachments including signatures by the applicant and his/her supervisor must be submitted;
- Applications can be submitted all year round. The funds are annually distributed in April/May (the Dean informs about this in a letter).
Further basic information can be found on the website of the Committee for Research and Junior Academics (Research Committee, FK) (Kommission für Forschung und wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchs; currently only available in German).
In principle, the funding guidelines for the allocation of funds from the Research Reserve (Forschungsreserve) as laid down by the Central Committee for Research and Junior Academics apply. These are also listed on the website of the Committee for Research and Junior Academics (Research Committee, FK)(Kommission für Forschung und wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchs; currently only available in German).
- Funding Principles of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities
The following funding principles are established and taken as a basis due to limited funds:
Travel Allowance Grants:
- Travel allowance grants are only awarded for conference-, fact-finding- and research-trips by junior academics (PhD students and postdoc staff),
- Accommodation costs are covered by an estimate per day (max. of 35 Euros),
- Daily allowance (Tagegeld) cannot be paid,
- Childcare costs are covered at 50% of the total costs,
- If the applicant has already received one or more grants in previous years, the funds granted for conference fee(s) and travel expenses will be reduced,
- Travel grants (for both domestic and international trips) for research trips, presentations or poster-presentations will be approved per person and year with a maximum amount of 625 Euros; if no proof of a (poster-)presentation can be submitted, the trip will be considered a fact-finding trip,
- Travel grants for domestic and international fact-finding trips are only possible once a year and are granted with a maximum of 300 Euros,
- Travel grants of less than 50 Euros will not be granted,
- If a trip is financed by grants from third parties, no additional support from the Research Reserve is granted per usual.
Material Resources and Staff Appropriations Grants:
- Printing costs for PhD theses cannot be funded,
- Support for further printing costs, e.g. for anthologies or in the context of habilitations (postdoctoral qualification), can be granted with a maximum of 1.000 Euros, provided that the project has a connection to Paderborn University or proof of unsuccessful efforts to acquire third-party funding is provided.
- Members of the Research Reserve of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Group of professorial representatives (term of office 3 years; October 2018-September 2021)
- Prof. Dr. Volker Peckhaus (Dean)
- Prof. Dr. Merle Toennies
Academic and non-academic staff representatives (term of office 3 years; October 2018-September 2021)
- Dr. Kerstin Drossel
- Julian Decius
Student representative (term of office 1 year; October 2019-September 2020)
- Sophia Engelbrecht